Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

Crochet Conquest

Over the last few months I have picked up a new hobby; crochet! So I thought I would dedicate a post to the recent crochet conquests, some of which are good and some of which aren't. I mentioned some previous projects in my last post and since then I have continued and continued to crochet.

I have recently finished an infinity scarf - I couldn't find a pattern I liked so I was making it up as I went along, this wasn't as quick and easy as I had hoped it would be, but I finished it, and I love it. I will aim to post the final pattern here as well, so keep an eye out for that - or subscribe and get it straight to your inbox.



My crocheting had started to take over the flat I decided to buy some storage from IKEA, and it may have been the best idea ever!

available here: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30216536/

That is how the trolley looked when I first got it, it is now covered in wool, books and projects. I love it! It is an easy way to contain what I am working on without it taking over my flat.

Some of my most recent projects are:
Plaited ear warmer. I made two of these, one for me and one for my mum (my first customer). It was quite fun to make, and after making it once I was confident to make a few changes to make it a bit better. The other day when I was shopping I saw a version of this in H&M!

I have also made some bunting with roses - these were quite difficult to photograph and I have now taken them to work to put on a display board there, so please excuse the background mess. The bunting and roses were fun to make. I'm really allergic to pollen and don't get on well with flowers so I am wanting to make a full bouquet of flowers for the flat.  



I recently decided to add some crochet detail to a necklace. I wasn't sure how this would end up but I really like it, I used a black chain necklace from H&M and a small hook. 


At the moment I have a lot of projects I am working on, such as; another scarf, gloves, hat, cushion covers and a blanket. I will aim to post a follow up with more photos of what I have been working on. 

The blanket does bring me to the bad part of the crochet story. I found an independent shop online (not local) and decided to order a blanket and a jelly bag. Unfortunately the whole process of the order was a total mess. After a long and hard think (and moan at my boyfriend) I have decided to not bother giving much detail about the whole process, but in summary, the company (Spit Spot Loves) didn't post the parcel for weeks, half of it arrived and they never sent the other half. This resulted in me discussing options with my lawyer as the store was not returning my emails or attempts to contact them on social media. In the end (a month after order) I received a refund for the bag that never arrived. The customer service was shocking, in total it took a month from order to resolution and not once did I get an apology or did it feel like I was getting a genuine response from anyone there. If you come across this company or their website I would highly recommend leaving them well alone! I have since spoken to other people who have also had a shocking experience with them. 

Anyway...enough of that negativity. Let me know if you are a fellow crocheter and keep an eye out for a new business adventure I am starting with a friend...also a crocheter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment