Pages

Sunday 7 June 2015

Craft Station

A few months ago me and my boyfriend Dan moved in together and it is great!!
Dan is very supportive of my crafting ways, however he isn't very supportive of the way I tend to spread the supplies around... So, we agreed that I would have a craft station!! I've never had a dedicated area for where I will do my crafting because I haven't had the space to do so or the necessary supplies. Luckily when Dan and I moved in he had a desk which he uses occasionally for work but this has now become my craft station:


Excuse Bullseye and the trainer...
On the station I have current, ongoing and future projects.

A couple of weeks ago I started crocheting and I love it. At the moment I am practising and trying to master the basics, I have made an apple, hearts, bunting and granny squares. I really love it and I am finding it so relaxing, in my bedtime routine crocheting has replaced watching an episode of something or general TV.



Through a magazine from Outlaw Craft Show I had the basics to learn crochet, since then my love for it has grown and I have also joined a local crochet meet up. A few weeks ago I went to Hobbycraft and bought a selection of clearance wool and a friend at work gave me loads of wool that she no longer used.

I have also started to buy craft books and magazines:


They are a great source for inspiration and instructions. And yes, that is a wedding craft magazine, which isn't for me, it is for my friend Becky who is getting married next year and I will be a bridesmaid!!! I am so excited about being a bridesmaid and my best friend getting married that I got carried away with anything wedding themed. 

A project I have recently started and is ongoing, is crease free hair ties:

These are an example from a shop, but these four hair ties would cost £8!! After a quick search online I found a selection of the same material for 99p a metre and 80p postage. So I decided to make my own:


I bought two different sparkly purple lengths and have experimented with different tie lengths. It only took a few minutes to make these and I am really glad I did. 

A new project I am about to start working on is sparkly hair slides, I found the inspiration from BuzzFeed:





So far I have the items I need:

Just not the time I want to make them. I will aim to post an update.


The other day I also learnt how to make paper bows. The first one I made was using scrap paper at work and then I bought a block of paper and glue for £2 total and can make loads in pretty colours:

I will be adding these bows to the envelopes of cards. 

This has been a whistle stop tour of my recent crafting and I hope you enjoyed it :) 

Do you have any tips of how to keep a craft station clean, tidy and organised? If so, please let me know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment