Pages

Sunday 10 January 2016

Crafting in 2015

For the last week or so I have been drafting a reflective blog about 2015, but I have recently decided that this is not the route I want to go down. And instead I will be focusing on the crafting that I did in 2015, as I feel that it has been a main part of the year.

In 2015 I was lucky enough to find a hobby that I really clicked with. When I first started learning how to crochet all I seemed to be able to do was create a knot and I got really frustrated with how hard I was finding it. After searching youtube I found some good videos which I was able to watch repeatedly and then I learnt how to crochet! I have done a lot of crochet in 2015, and in 2016 bigger and better crochet projects will be completed! So lets start at the beginning of my crafty and crochet year.

In March me and my boyfriend Dan moved in together and I have been able to indulge my crafting passion, this is also about the same time I started to crochet. I have met some great people through crochet and am so happy that I have a hobby that has come with great friends.

I was commissioned to crochet a light house, which was quite fun. I crocheted a few wreaths, one I still haven't decided what I will do with but the other was a Christmas wreath:


This was quite an early project that I started in my crochet career, and probably is the biggest one that I have finished. 

I made a few plaited ear warmers, one I made for my mum and one I made for me. 

I made this crochet scarf as well, I also made one for my sister as a Christmas present. I wear this scarf a lot as I can tie it around my neck three times and it really keeps me warm. 



Pictured above are three crochet projects I started (and two of them I finished), I finished the hat and the mini stockings were the start of a crochet advent calendar I made for Dan (pictured below). The pink square was a pattern I bought and was something I really wanted to make, but the pattern was so awful that I gave up! It was difficult because there was a lot of counting, but mostly the pattern which was sold by a company (that I have mentioned in a previous blog) didn't add up!!


This is the advent calendar with mini crocheted stockings that I made for Dan. 

In 2016 the crochet projects I will be finishing is my granny square blanket, this is already pretty big but I want it to be even bigger. I will also be crocheting my best friends wedding bouquet!!! I am excited, honoured and terrified to be doing this project. The wedding is in October and I have already started crocheting the flowers and doing some test runs, I can now do a flower in about 15 minutes so I'm not worried about timings. I will of course post about the bouquet at a later date. 

Another 2016 crochet project which is so very exciting is that me and a close friend have started a small business: 


My friend Lauren and I will be starting to run crochet weekends in Bath, we are very close to announcing all the information for the very first one. If you want to hear more sign up on the website and you will be emailed as soon as we publish the dates. 

So, 2016 is looking like it will be an exciting crochet year for me.

But in non crochet related news;

I went on two great holidays, one to Fuerteventura with Dan and his family.   

Then in September Dan and I went to Centre Parcs in Longleat for a light activity week. Even though it rained most of the week we still did lots of walking, bike rides, mini golf, exploring and a spa day. 
It quite a defining holiday and we have decided to go on more UK holidays (staycation), on the day we got back we booked another for June 2016 where there we will be more walking and bike rides! 

Centre Parcs

Centre Parcs

I am hopeful that 2016 will be an exciting year.

If you completed any big craft or crochet projects last year or have some new ones planed for 2015 let me know :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment