Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Outlaw - Artisan Craft Show

On Sunday I went to Outlaw - Artisan Craft Show in Bristol. I had seen it advertised on Twitter a few weeks before and was really excited to be going.

First we (Dan and me) had a quick walk around to check out the place, then stopped for coffee and cake. After that I made a plan of action to do a bit of a shopping and then do a couple of the Make and Take shows.

The first Make and Take I did was making a paper pom-pom which was fun, but only lasted 10-15 minutes. The presentation of the material and the tutorial was great, but we only had the chance to make one pom-pom.



The second Make and Take I did was making a mini pom-pom garland with Thimbleson and this was great! First we were shown how to make a mini pom-pom with the items on our table and then we were let lose to make as many as we could for our garland. My first one was a bit of a duff....I snipped one to far and the pom-pom reverted to being strands of wool. But, after that blunder I was onto a roll and made 7!
It was great to have the demonstration and be able to make something to take home. I also feel like this is a skill I have learnt and would be able to do at another time. It was a big bonus that the material we used could easily be found around the home or bought easily.


Dan enjoyed the pom-pom garland as well. 

Photo from: https://instagram.com/thimbleson/ 




In addition to the Make and Take theatre there were quite a few workshops and demonstrations. I didn't fancy doing any of these workshops as they weren't something you could easily walk into without some prep. There was a good selection of demonstrations to watch, I did pop into the gift wrapping with attitude which was great to see. I would have loved to see the learn arm knitting demo but missed it.


After the fun of the Make and Take and Demo I did some more shopping and bought two pieces from two different stalls:


The above was from Bookshell Bindery. They had some amazing products and Dan bought a lovely notebook and pencil from them. 

Dan and I joint bought the above illustration. Again there were so many pieces that we could have bought from Esther Connon, everything was beautiful! 


Overall it was a really fun day out, and I could have bought a lot more than I did. My only comment would have been that I would have liked to see more supply stores, so that when I left full of inspiration I would have new products to use and experiment with.

If an Outlaw show comes near you I highly recommend that you go and check it out! I hope it comes to Bristol (or Bath) again.

No comments:

Post a Comment