Pages

Saturday 25 April 2015

A Tribute to Sales

As you may have gathered by now I like a sale or bargain.

Today my love for sales and bargains have been reinforced by the Gap sale. It all started in January/February when Gap had a massive sale, with discounts of up to 75% and then a further 20% off at the till. This made the clothes so cheap. In one session I bought a jumper and a cardigan for less than £20. Buying the cardigan not in the sale would have cost £45. Because of this bargain session I keep an eye on Gap to see when they have their sales.
A week or so ago I saw the sale starting to be advertised, I waited a little while and popped in yesterday and on Thursday. In total I spent £30 and bought; 2 pairs of trousers and 2 t shirts. I am amazed with these little bargains and I love what I have bought.

As I don't have the best camera I have used the images on the Gap website to show what I have bought:

I saw these daisy print trousers online and then hunted them down in store. I bought them for £7.99, before sale they cost £35. 

I also bought these:

In the sale they cost £13.59, not in the sale they would have cost £35. I don't normally bother with trousers from Gap because I find the sizes very odd. For example, the daisy print trousers are a XS and the grey trousers are a S. 
I also bought two v-neck light t shirts which were just over £4 each. I can't find pictures of these online so can't show them, but they are great. For me, they are ideal for work and for this odd summer weather we are having. 

Whilst in the changing rooms trying on a selection of other things I heard two women talking about the sizes in Gap, and how they often find Gap Kids a better fit. Shopping in the child's section isn't news for me, I buy a lot from kids H&M and Newlook, the sizing, cost and cut is always great. Whilst I didn't have time to venture to Gap Kids today I will be heading over there tomorrow. 

Talking of kids clothes today I bought gym wear from H&M kids. In the grown up store everything cost £20+, yet in the kids section I bought leggings and tshirt for less than £20.





I also bought a really cute black summer dress with daisy print neckline for £9.99! I love the length, how it is baggy and of course, the price. 


Overall I would say that I have had a successful shopping week and didn't break the bank to do so! 

In case you are curious I typically wear a size 8 (depending on the shop maybe a 10), and am about 5"6-5"7 and I will buy aged 12-14 in Newlook and H&M kids.

Do you shop in the kids department? If you have any bargain tales or recommends please let me know :) 

Thanks for reading. 





No comments:

Post a Comment