Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

Hidden Fashion


A couple of weeks ago I saw a BuzzFeed article which was about online stores that sell cheap clothes - I am so glad I read the post. Most of the online stores were based in America, only a few were UK based. One of which was Hidden Fashion, where everything is £5 or under (really everything). 
At first I was a bit skeptical because I had tried everything5pounds before and wasn't happy with the quality. I decided to order two items and see what it was like, I then struggled to pick which two items to buy. Everything was £5 (or less) so everything seemed like a bargain and meant that I could buy things out of the ordinary and not worry about breaking the bank.

So, finally I decided to buy a floral kimono:


I am going on holiday in June and I can not get enough cover ups, due to my colouring I burn so easily, so having something light weight that will cover the delicate areas (shoulders, chest and knees) for £5 seemed like an awesome deal.

I also ordered a black, dip hemmed tshirt, with a detailed back. Unfortunately I don't have the shops pictures to show you, as once they have sold out that is it, no more :(


My order came in 3 days, but only the kimono arrived, I had to wait an extra 3 days to get the tshirt as when it was posted it was out of stock. When I rang to see where the other half of my order was they said they were able to send me the top... Experience of their customer service was good, their reply through Twitter was quick, I was able to ring and speak to someone quickly (an actual person without automated crap) and have it resolved in great time - and this kinda stuff really matters to me.

Now to the clothes:

The kimono arrived first and for £5 I'm happy with it, the hems of the lining and out piece didn't line up, so felt like it was sat right when I first put it on, but when I had got use to it it was the fine, the black boarders feel stable and flat. It also feel super soft and silky!



Overall I give it an 8 out of 10.

The black top arrived later, and this was the item I was most excited about and I have nothing negative to say about it! The material feels thick but not heavy, I don't have to worry about wearing a vest top under it so my bra doesn't show. The top is lose but flattering, the dippedness at the back is a great length as it just covers my bum. The only (only) thing I would have liked....is to be able to buy it in more colours. I saw it in an light blue and I wish I had bought that as well. 




Overall I want to give it a 10 out of 10...but am not quite sure it is perfect so I will give it a 9.5.


The next things I am looking at buying are a coat and these shoes. If I am honest there are alot more items that I want (read: need) to buy, but need to prioritise money towards my move. At the end of the month I am moving in with my boyfriend which I will be posting about soon.



Have you bought anything from Hidden Fashion? Or get any other online shopping gems? Please share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment