Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Natter - just three words

In addition to the blogging I have recently done about Vinted, I have decided to blog about a new social network, which I am loving it is Natter.

I recently came across the new social networking platform; Natter. It is a nano-blogging service, where posts are limited to three words and a hashtag, you can also tag someone in a post. It is a great short way of communicating. The website and app are in its beta stage.

Originally I wasn't convinced by only having three words and a hashtag to begin with, but now I love it. I found it surprising how quickly and how much I loved the site, trying to express myself in 3 words makes you creative.

Now about the site:

The homepage:


My profile currently looks like this:



As you can see, it briefly describes what I have been doing today. By only having three words and a hashtag to describe what you want to post about you do have to get creative. The hashtag mainly works to give the three words context, a better example from someone who has been using Natter longer than me is Neil's profile:



A few days ago there was a long series of natters about cake, and cake film titles.





Natters own account posts updates about what we can expect from this beta version. The beta version is really great and really addictive. It is great to be apart of something that is growing, as everyone gets excited about it. Today's example is the introduction of notifications: 

Since I first drafted this post (only a few days ago), notifications have been introduced. And a few days before that the iOS app was released, which shows how quickly the network is developing. 

If my little summary has sparked an interest head over to the site and have a go, you can find me on natter 




No comments:

Post a Comment