Pages

Thursday 24 July 2014

Budget Friendly Veggie Lasagne


For the grand total of £1.66 per portion I made a veggie lasagne this evening. I would also class this as a quick dinner.

I made it and ate it before thinking it would be worth blogging about, then realised at £1.66 a portion how couldn't I!

Through the wonder of Google I was able to find a photo of the main ingredient:

It is simple to cook; you add a pint of cold water and boil/simmer it till thick (approx 20 mins). I bought dried lasagne sheets and boiled them in water (, with a pinch of salt and a dash of olive oil (5-8 mins) so they don't stick together, I layered the bolognese, pre-cooked lasagne sheets and then some grated cheese. And baked it for 10-15 minutes.

Cost break down:
Beanfest bolognese £1
Dried lasagne sheets 43p (these will last the alternative was fresh sheets £1 which wouldn't last)
Block of cheese £1.89 (not all used for this meal).

I ate this with sweet potato wedges (99p for a bag of them) for tea and have a portion left for lunch.

Everything was bought from Morrison's and nothing was on deal or at a reduced price.

To make this to feed four I would suggest buying two packs of the bolognese as there was enough lasagne sheets left over for many more meals.

Lasagne on a budget - mastered!!





No comments:

Post a Comment