Pages

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Preparing to Ace 2015



2014 was a pretty swell year for me, it had some ups and downs but overall I can look back and say the year was rewarding and full of joy. I don’t tend to celebrate New Years Eve with a massive bang, but this year I am celebrating by reflecting on the positives and negatives of 2014 to prepare to ace 2015. I have done this by using some questions about 2014.
If you had to describe your 2014 in 3 words, what would they be?
The three words I would use are; eventful, successful and happy. There have been some ups and downs, I completed my Masters degree and have had a great promotion. I have been surrounded by the best of family and friends, and my amazing boyfriend. I chose 3 words because in 2014 I have really got into using Natter, which is a nano-blogging social network.
What new things did you discover about yourself?
The main thing I discovered was that I don’t give myself enough credit for the things I do achieve. And I am not often kind to myself. With some tools I have been able to realise this and am able to target self improvements which have really changed the way I look at what I achieve and how I handle situations with others and myself. 
 Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
One of the personal qualities is being kind to myself, I have forced myself to do this, and overall it makes me a happier and kinder person.
 What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise?
I would have never of thought this when it happened - but when I lost my job as an admin assistant in February. I was devastated I lost this job, I thought my world was ending. After leaving I worked in a bar for a month before landing my current job. In the last 8 months, I have gone from part time admin, to full time admin and recently office manager. I really enjoy my current job and role, being full time has been something I have been aspiring to for a while. I find it fulfilling and love having a pay day to look forward to. This break-through moment has inspired me to work harder and really go for it! 
Did you achieve any major goals?
I completed a Masters of Research from the University of Bath - for me this was massive. And it didn’t set in till I was sat waiting for my name to be called at the Graduation service. When I was in Primary and Secondary school I never thought I would go to University, let alone complete a Masters, I wasn’t encouraged to go into further education, teachers actively discouraged it. And I didn’t grow up aiming to be in education, so this was a major goal for me. 
What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
How I have handled some tough situations and my investigation into new avenues (such as meditation). 
What activities made you lose track of time?
Anything to do with crafting! I really found my love for it this year. Since starting work full time I haven’t done as much as I would have liked to. But I still make time for it when I can. And scrolling through the Vinted catalogue. 
 What advice would you give your early-2014 self if you could?
This will be a great year. Don’t fret. 
What cool things did you create this year?
Some of the cool things I have made this year would include: these boots; and these boots and earrings. These are all upcycling projects, and I have really enjoyed them. 
What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?
There has been a what and who for biggest positive impact.
The who is a mix of my boyfriend and some of my best friends. These two people have always been there for me. They are the best people to have around and are always supporting what I do. 
The what, is something that my boyfriend introduced me to, which is meditation. I am very much in the very early stages of meditation, but I can feel a positive experience from this already. I use OpenSit to log my sits, and to be able to discuss sits and experiences.
I chose to write a blog reflecting on 2014, because it has been a good year, and it is nice to take some time to think about the good points of 2014. I am also writing this to welcome 2015 with a positive outlook. I don’t tend to set myself resolutions or a list of things to complete for the next year, but I am writing this with the aim to have a eventful, successful and happy 2015.
Why not take 10 or 15 minutes to reflect on 2014 (good and bad) and think about the skills and experiences you want to take into 2015 to really ace the year. If you want to share them with me, drop me an comment.
Happy 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment