Pages

Sunday 7 December 2014

Revolution Ultra Blush Palette

I recently discovered Revolution through a recommendation of a friend who writes for Women Make Waves. She recently reviewed the Revolution 100 eye shadow palette - I don't often take much notice of make up reviews from blogs (I do like a tutorial though), as I am a bit wary as they are often free or a promo. However, after a face-to-face chat over a Christmas coffee at Starbucks I was convinced that Revolution was worth ago.

When I first had a nose at their website I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of make up you can buy. I like make up, but to a very basic extent. The make up product I buy the most is either foundation or a powder. I have bought myself mascara twice, everything else has been gifted to me, my step-mum normally buys me (and my sister) a Lacome eye make up set (mascara, eye liner and make up remover) for Christmas. Friends have given me their liquid eye liners (which they haven't used), and most other items are freebies in magazines. I don't wear a lot of 'extra' make up, so don't want to commit to buying something I might hate.

For a while now, I have been interested about the idea of contouring, but it also scares me. I've seen videos and blog posts that say it can an hour to apply all the contouring colours...which just seems silly for an everyday thing. I thought getting some nice blusher would ease me into this, so when I saw a Ultra Blush Palette (blush and contouring) colours for £6 I took the plunge and went for it.

The Palette itself looks like this:


                                  
It comes in a nice sleek black case, all wrapped in bubble wrap. I really like the selection of colours, I wanted to find a light blusher to add to my daily routine, and now I have (yay) - I've used the 3 pink ones the most, and had a play with contouring. 
Swatches

This has been an excellent £6+p&p spend. It has been welcomed into my daily make up routine - the blush not contouring. 

I am really impressed with the whole website and the product I have so far test. It meets all my needs; the products are very reasonably priced, there was a good choice for pale skin colours, and has a massive selection. 





No comments:

Post a Comment