Pages

Saturday 6 September 2014

Wardrobe Organisation


On my to-do list for a few months has been the need to organise and have a clear out of my wardrobe. Which I have now achieved (woohoo), during this organisation I also put together some of my favourite pieces for Autumn jumpers!!  I love jumpers, which makes me love autumn, because I can layer and wear all of the jumpers I own.

Before the jumpers (*sigh*), the wardrobe organisation happened. I have quite a large built in wardrobe, this has two rails, a shelf and room for one (yes..one out of two) of my shoe racks:

I've organised my bags into clutches and small side bags, which go in the box, and larger bags which are hung up. By hanging them up it leaves more room on the floor to actually get into the wardrobe. The shoes which are kept in my wardrobe are flats and everyday wearers. 

To save space in my wardrobe, I double up on hangers. I use the ring from a can and double up:



This saves a lot of space, and is a good way to organise like items. For example, I have double hung skirts, shorts and shirts. I have a lot of those items so makes it easier to find them when they are together. I don't really organise my wardrobe by colour...as it would be a bit dull, most of my coloured items are t-shirts, which live in the chest of draws. I organise my wardrobe by type of clothes and by the season. So, for summer my skirts and shorts were close together, followed by playsuits, short dresses, long dresses and then jumpsuits... But wait, "Gina, why aren't the jumpsuits with the playsuits?" I hear you ask...a good question, but I like to organise by length. Long dresses and jumpsuits don't require tights, whereas some playsuits do. If I am not in the mood to wear tights or something short, I don't want to be plagued by these items. 

So, in short, I organise by length. What I wear is deemed by my mood, and this method suits. But as we move into the colder months, these items have to go back into the trunk (where spare clothes are stored) and room is made for jeans, leggings and jumpers. 

....Now for the jumpers. I keep my jumpers folded away in a hanging clothes organiser. I find having them hung up takes a lot more space. 

My selection of jumpers range from childrens jumpers:

 boys jumpers to vintage jumpers: 
This jumper was a gift from my grandma, she bought this when she was in her mid-twenties, she is now in her early 80's. It is a bright green jumper, with slight shoulder pads/support and a peplum. 


For me, jumpers are such a wardrobe staple as they can be added to so easily. My favourite combo is the shirt and jumper:


My favourite jumper, teamed with a Vinted blouse. This grey jumper is one of my favourites, I bought it from TKMax for about £12, and it has a open back:


As you can see it makes me very happy:



I have a variety of jumpers, I really like thick knit jumpers and cropped jumpers. I find them so easy to style and so comfortable that I just can't flaw them. For me, I think the jumper is the perfect item of clothing for autumn. 



This is also my 100th blog post! yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment