Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Vinted (The greatest website ever)

There is something remarkable about a website that can create a community feel to swapping and selling clothes. Ebay is a great site, but there is a lack of commitment, you are there to make a transaction and hopefully some good feedback along with a cheap second hand item or two. But recently I have found (and fell in love with) a site called Vinted, which a very close friend recommend to me, and since then I have never looked back.

Vinted is a site which lets you sell and swap second hand clothes. The swapping of items is (I assume) the most popular transaction on the site, I have been a member for just under a month and I have already swapped 5 items. Each one has felt like a clothes swap with my best friend, everyone is so pleasant either calling you "hun" or sending you kisses!

From my experience (of endless browsing), you comment on someone's item offering a swap and they let you know if you have something they are interested or not, if they are interested you swap addresses, agree on a day to post and that is deal done! So far I have received a black midi dress, a jewellery bundle, a bag and am waiting for a few more items to be delivered. All pieces have been in excellent quality and any issues the sellers are more then happy to help.

From previous blog posts I have expressed my challenges with owning too many clothes. I have tried to clear out and sell on eBay but often I feel like I am not getting enough for them, which is always a risk. I guess that swapping clothes adds to the problem of still having too many clothes, but in this way I can swap items which have been barely worn, not at all worn or something that is no longer my style and get something which I will fall in love with.

For example, I have swapped a bag which I have had for years and NEVER used for a bundle of jewellery, so now I have one less bag (which has gone to a loving home), and I have a great new stash of jewellery and more space. It also feels like a guilt free treat - being a student and working part time means I don't have the funds to spend of clothes; but with a swap the only cost is postage! I'm already keeping my eyes peeled for an outfit for graduation.

I tell all my friends about how great this website is and have real excitement when browsing and organising a swap. It is an excellent way to get rid of some pre-loved items in exchange for someone else's, it is encouraging me to cleanse of my clothes which are in great condition to get something I will love even more.

The user experience of the website is also great, you can set the news feed to only display clothes and shoes in your size, which makes everything quicker to find. There is a forum where people advertise their sales, and items they have and also general discussion about your favourite food for when you're hungover and general conversation. Which all adds to the community spirit.

So if you have a few items in the back of your closet/wardrobe/draws; sign up; have a browse; and swap some clothes with people that feel like your closest friends.

 Here are some photos of a few things I have received:

Red handbag



The black midi dress
and my boyfriend appreciating the swap.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment